Thursday 13 December 2012

Matched!

Hello,

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  I wasn't really in the right mood to sit down and be pensive.  However today I just typed bee (as in, buzzy) instead of be, so I might not be much better now but I'll make some attempt!

Panel went really well.  We spent a long time a few weeks ago writing answers to the questions we were asked for her report and it certainly paid off.  They said that because the information we had provided was so comprehensive they only had three questions for us.

1. Did we understand that there was a degree of uncertainty around LO's development and paternal history?

erm...yes, we understand, we're ok with it, we'll do our best and love her whatever.

2. What would we do if we felt we needed someone at home for longer than one year?

erm...we would have someone at home for longer than a year!

3. How will you cope when she is a grumpy teen?

well, she might not be!  Hopefully our good parenting [we hope] will pay off!  But if she is a grumpy teen we will love her anyway.  We will try and make sure she is happy and can talk to us and feels like we are a family where it's OK to make mistakes.  And other ramblings by me...I rambled quite a lot on this one!

And then we showed our intros stuff.
  • Tomy talking photo album (seriously embarrassing) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomy-Discovery-Forget-Photo-Album/dp/B0019RC632/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355425822&sr=8-1
  • Cute little buggy book with our pictures in http://www.chloesmummy.co.uk/
  • Fuzzy photo cube with our pictures on http://www.bagsoflove.co.uk/cubes/photo-cube.aspx
  • Mommy, momma and me http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mommy-Mama-ME-Leslea-Newman/dp/1582462631/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355425999&sr=8-1
  • A DVD we made too.
They *loved* it!  The chairman had to tell everyone to be quiet as they were cooing over everything so enthusiastically!  So that was nice.  Made us feel like we had done something right even though we didn't have any help/guidance from SS the lovely, knowledgable wise owls over at New Family Social gave us lots of ideas and we used all of them!

So that was it.  We went out for 5 minutes, came back in and they announced that we are going to be mums!

I've just finished my last day at school.

I'm actually going to be a mummy!

And....wait for it.....

WE MIGHT MEET HER NEXT WEEK!!!

ON MY BIRTHDAY!

Eeeeeeeeeeek!

So exciting!  Proper intros won't start until after new year but they are still looking at starting as early as possible.

But it's still only a might for the "viewing" next week which is what they are very weirdly calling it.

So strange.

But I don't care because I'm going to be one of two very happy mums!

I have just invested in a pair of Grubbies dungarees, a Hatley raincoat and a twilight turtle.  Must avoid buying too much ridiculous rubbish....I don't think any of these are excessive.  She's going to need them for all the fun we're going to have!  I'm getting a zoo pass for Christmas!

Wahoo!

Sorry.  I'm a wee bit excited!

We are having a party on Saturday and all the wonderful people who have helped and supported us along the way will be there.  So great.  I'm really looking forward to it!

Happy, happy days!


No comments:

Post a Comment